Skip to main content

Meg's Hat

Hello my Knitters!



Today's pattern offering is a simple hat. I originally designed it for my day job, since I thought maybe, giving out hand knit hats for Christmas with our logo would make us stand out with valued customers and vendors. That little "homey" touch. The higher ups agreed it was a nice idea, so I got permission to test out how much time and cost it would take. Ultimately, they decided against the idea for this year at least. I had made the sample hat and pattern already, so...

How the hat got the name: My dad had a birthday. I wore the hat to the celebration. Brother in law called it "Meg's Hat" after the hat Meg Griffen wears in the show Family Guy. It seems to fit, don't you think?

Meg's Hat

Yarn: 
HiKoo CoBaSi DK, one skein (two skeins, 2 skeins)
Contrasting color for Bind Off, can be any DK yarn that visually works with your main color

Needles: set of 4 double point needles or circular needle 30" or longer, and 16" circular needle
US Size 5, or size needed to get gauge. 


Gauge: 6 stitches/inch

Sizes: Small (22" unstretched), Medium, (24"), Large (26")

Directions:

Cast on 8

1
k1
rep 7 times
2
kfb
rep 7 times
3
k2
rep 7 times
4
kfb, k1
rep 7 times
5
k3
rep 7 times
6
kfb, k2
rep 7 times
7
k4
rep 7 times
8
kfb, k3
rep 7 times
9
k5
rep 7 times
10
kfb, k4
rep 7 times
11
k6
rep 7 times
12
kfb, k5
rep 7 times
13
k8, pm
rep 6 times
14
kfb, k to m, sm
rep 6 times
15
k to m
rep 6 times

Repeat rnd 14 & 15 until 18 (20, 22) stitches between markers (126, 140, 154 stitches)
Next Round:
K to marker, remove marker
rep 6 times

Knit 4-3/4" (5-1/2", 6-1/4") or until you feel like the hat is long enough.

When you are ready to bind off, drop main color. Insert your needle to knit two together through the back stitch. Then, knit that stitch using the contrasting yarn. Slide the stitch you just made back onto your left hand needle. Then, knit two together through the back loop, sliding the resulting loop back on to your left needle. Continue binding off in this fashion loosely. 

Weave in ends, trim, and enjoy!!


I have no idea what's going on with the formatting here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ribbed-To-Fit Boot Socks

Edit: Thank you for your marvelous feedback! I am re-writing this pattern with that in mind, using Vintage worsted weight. The original socks are now full of holes in the heel. Very loved. Stay tuned, and I will add a link when that's finished! These socks came about from high-quality, inexpensive yarn local to Prince Edward Island, in Canada. This is just a quick draft, but an experienced knitter should be able to make sense of most of it...I hope. In point of fact, I'm not totally done with the first one yet. Here she is so far! Materials: 2 colors, 1 skein each worsted-heavy worsted weight yarn (I used MacAusland's 3 ply, but I think Cascade 220 would be a readily available equivalent) makes 4 socks or 2 pairs set of 5 double point needles, size 8 Gauge: about 4 sts = 1", but it's not vital to the pattern. Provisionally cast on 4 sts with yarn A, using yarn B as a stitch holder. K 6 rows St st, end after a knit row. PU 4 sts on needle 2. Slide cast

2 weeks??

I've been a horrible blogger.  No word for what...2, 3 weeks ish?  My poor readers must be wondering what they did wrong to be so neglected! I've been busy knitting like a demon! One market bag down, one almost finished, flowers, oh and a really big deal...Cousin's wedding gift is finished! I'll post pictures soon, he gets married on Saturday!!! Some of you may be wondering about the Blick's job I interviewed for.  Well, I interviewed a second time (!!!) and will know by Wednesday what's what.  I just hope I don't get a job offer provisional on me being there this weekend, since the wedding is this weekend and I really wanted to go.  If I do get an offer, then I guess I don't see my cousin for a few years since he's all the way out in Oregon.  I wish I would have said something in the interview, but I didn't think the timing would work out this way!! I delivered my first finished commission on Thursday! It's of Luvie.  I don't have

New Plan!

Since I've only managed to post about once/week, I think that I post text once/week, and pictures of my progress once/week...although I will be posting long-overdue photos of many of my projects tomorrow. Well, I've now finished one knitted dishcloth for the farmers market booth, as well as several flowers.  O's scarf is done! I want to buy more yarn to make more hot pads, but must complete more projects before I'm allowed.  Maybe even make some money with the commissions I STILL haven't finished. So the commissions are what I focus on this week.  1. H's dogs, 7x10 2. H's sunset(sunrise?) of Lake Superior, 24x36 3. Princess Fiona, 5x7(2 of them) 4. Princess Fiona, 8x10 5. Luvie, 9x12 6. Molly, 9x12 And a new one! 7. Florida Coast, 22x30 As for knitting, I'm going to work on flowers and focus on finishing my poncho to free my #10 needles for placemats. Oh and work on that watercolor bed that Artworks is willing to take on consignment! Have